The year 2017 is coming to an end and the December holiday shopping season is upon us again. Where did the year go?
I’ve always been a huge fan of gift-giving and what a wonderful feeling it is to find a perfect gift for someone you care about.
Here is an extra holiday gift guide of my own. No sales. No special deals. Just gifts that you can give anytime…
- the friend who feels uncertain right now: encouragement
- any single person you encounter today: love
- the incredibly frustrating family member: compassion
- the child who wants to show you what s/he can: attentiveness
- the partner who is always there by your side: intimacy
- the person who’s beliefs seem almost insane: tolerance
- the introvert (or teen) who would love alone time: privacy
- the co-worker who goes above and beyond: recognition
I hope this post has inspired you to remember the wise words from Dr. Seuss’ s story of ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’: “Maybe,” the Grinch thought, “Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
Complied by: Olivia Guerini, Registered Counsellor (SA)